Preconstruction services are becoming increasingly important to expanding companies as the economy fluctuates. Accuracy in budgeting and design is paramount. The process focuses on identifying and minimizing design, budget, and schedule variables before they have an opportunity to impede the progress of a project and inflate its cost during the construction phase. Whether you are remodeling or have a total new building design, our preconstruction services ensure your project comes in on time and within budget.
S&B Construction often works with independent companies, as well as architects and design professionals, to determine project feasibility and establish budgetary guidelines.
Utilizing the “real-time” field personnel experience, our estimators have proven S&B Construction’s capacity to produce the most accurate project budget and scope in the region for both renovation and new building projects. The end result is a project without surprises that also meets or exceeds your requirements, and that you can take to the bank.
- Consult with owner and design professionals to set project goals
- Establish project schedule and critical path
- Coordinate changes in materials, fixtures and finishes as necessary to meet budget
- Establish revised scope of work as necessary
- Review plans, assist architect with compilation of written specifications
- Identify qualified subcontractors to provide bids in each trade
- Establish control estimate or guaranteed maximum price
- Establish project budget
- Coordinate design revisions as necessary to meet budget requirements
- Incorporate owner supplied materials and/or services into scope of work
- Provide revised budget and schedule updates as needed
- Match plans to written specifications
- Obtain applicable project permits
- Place orders for long lead-time items or materials